Vice President and Osun Governor in War of Words Over Arrest of ACN Members
High state protocol as well as guest-visitor etiquette took the backseat yesterday as Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola traded words with Vice President Mohamed Namadi Sambo, who was paying a visit to the state capital, Osogbo. The bone of contention was the arrest by the police of some members of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) who were on their way to Abuja last Tuesday to witness the trial of ACN’s national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
Vice President Sambo was in Oshogbo to represent President Goodluck Jonathan, who is attending the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting [CHOGM] in Australia, at the inauguration of the newly completed Federal High Court Complex in the Osun State capital.
- Ex- Governor Uduaghan Meets President Jonathan Over Re-election
- Alliance Deal Between ACN and CPC Collapses
- Appeal Court Defers Judgement on Osun Governorship Election
- President Goodluck to Declare after Ramadan Fast
- President Jonathan, 2 Other PDP Presidential Aspirants Arrive Party Headquarters for Screening