Senate Moves to Scrap Post UTME Sreening Exams
At the plenary session on Thursday, a motion by Senator Heineken Lokpobiri prompted the Senate to commission its Committee on Education to undertake a comprehensive investigation into the activities of those universities who indulge in such illegality.
Lokpobiri said in his motion that universities have breached the law setting up JAMB which gives the body the sole responsibility of conducting examination for admission into tertiary institutions in the country by subjecting applicants to post UME examination.
According to him “The various universities charge fees and subject candidates to series of tests and interviews which most often take several days to conclude. This is at grave cost to parents and guardians and a clear violation of the JAMB Act. Our young children are also subjected to avoidable inconveniences and risks.”
Senator Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan also said the action of universities and other tertiary institutions that conduct the post UME tests is illegal.
Contributing also, Senator Ibrahim Gobir said the post UME should not be scrapped because people have lost confidence in the ability of JAMB to conduct credible examination.
Senators mandated the committee on education to also investigate the causes for the failure of the joint admissions and matriculation board jamb to conduct examinations sufficiently credible for acceptance by universities.
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto Release Timetable for 2010/2011 Post UTME Screening Excercise
- Lagos State University (LASU) Release 2010/2011 Post UTME/DE Exams
- Federal University of Technology, Minna 2010/2011 Post UTME Results Released!
- 2011 Post UTME Screening Cut-off Marks as Released by Universities, Polytechnics
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Release 2010/2011 Post UTM Results