AD Collapses into Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)
The Alliance for Democracy (AD) Thursday fused into the Action Congress of Nigeria (AC N) at its last national convention in Lagos.
It was presided over by its National Chairman Chief Michael Koleoso.
With the merger, which was approved by the convention, its national decision making body, the party is expected to cease to exist and its name is not expected to appear on the ballot paper in the next general elections.
In a symbolic manner, the flag of AD, which was formed in 1998 by frontline progressives, was lowered and party faithful who dumped their party cards chanted ACN’s slogan.
Koleoso gave an insight into the moves that heralded the fusion, saying AD had intensive and thorough negotiations with the AC N.
- 377 PDP Members in Edo Decamp to Action Congress
- CDC Becomes First Party to Adopt Jonathan for 2011 Presidency
- Bashir Tofa To Recontest Presidency Elections Again
- Soyinka Floats New Political Party
- PDP Primaries to Hold Presidential Primaries on October 10