Position: SYSTEM ANALYST/ADMINISTRATOR
The Systems Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Strategy & Planning
• Assist in the planning, design, development, of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Review-and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with the operating system. Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
• Conduct technical research on system uPb’Tl1des to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current system.
• Create system design proposals.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
• Install and maintain the HP backup system.
• Design and implement Business Continuity / Emergency Recovery Plan tor MSH in Nigeria.
• Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration and 3-5 years related work experience.
• MCSE 2003/2008, Security +, ITIL v3,hands-on experience in java and Visual Basic
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
• Working technical knowledge of Java and Visual Basic programming languages.
• Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Win XP, Vista Win 7,2003 server, 2008.
• Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/lP.lPv6, VolP etc
• Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, Adobe Acrobat professional
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons may send comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Note that if the underline instructions are not followed application will not be considered.
Suitable candidates living with HIV/AIDS will have an added advantage. Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 10th September 2010